Delaware Mortgage Lender Surety Bonds
The State of Delaware, Department of State Office of the State Bank Commissioner (Commissioner), administers through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS), the licensing of mortgage Lenders, mortgage brokers and mortgage loan originators. The Delaware Administrative Code, Title 5, Regulation 2201 defines the requirements for a mortgage lender license and surety bond requirements. The surety bond ensures state compliance and faithful and ethical performance of duties.
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Complete the required mortgage lender application through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and pay the applicable NMLS processing fee, credit report fee, FBI Criminal Background Check Fee, State Criminal Background Check Fee.
- Complete all pre-licensing education and take the written examinations.
- Indicate on the application any dba or trade names that will be used.
- Provide an unaudited financial statement that is dated within 90 days of the business fiscal year end. Financial statements include an income statement and balance sheet. For new businesses, an initial balance sheet is required. The business will need to have a minimum capital of $40,000.
- Provide in the application: business bank account information, contact employees.
- Provide the names of qualifying individuals,onsite managers, or branch managers.
- Submit a Management Chart for all divisions, officers, managers and an Organizational Chart for applicants that are owned by another entity and a business plan that includes marketing strategy and products, operating structure, etc..
- Provide sample copies of the mortgage loan agreements that will be used for business transactions.
- Obtain a minimum $50,000 surety bond. The business or individual name that is used on the application must match exactly the name that will be listed on the bond. Bond amounts may increase at the discretion of the Commissioner.
- Complete the the FinCen Disclosure, and Business Survey and the Supervisory Assessment Disclosure, scan and email to Elizabeth.Miller@state.de.us.
- If any of the disclosure questions have been answered "Yes" provide a written explanation for each.
- Obtain a Certificate of Authority or Good Standing from the Secretary of State.
How Much WIll This Bond Cost?
The premium that you pay for a Delaware Mortgage Lender Surety Bond is dependent on credit. If the required bond amount exceeds $50,000, personal and business financial statements will be required.
Did You Know?
Delaware does not limit the number of dba’s or trade names used.
Related Links: NMLS - Delaware Broker License New Application Checklist NMLS - Federal Registry NMLS - Delaware Lender License New Application Checklist
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application