Home   Delaware Bonds   Delaware Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Replace a Lost Instrument in Delaware?

A stock certificate, which is a common Lost Instrument

If you own a valuable document or instrument that has been lost, stolen or destroyed, more than likely then you will need a Lost Instrument Bond. The required bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss that may be a result of issuing a duplicate.

  • A Fixed Penalty Bond is for an instrument or document that keeps the same value as when purchased or acquired, such as money order or check.

  • An Open Penalty Bond is for an instrument or document that can change in value, such as a stock certificate.

  • Examples of what is considered a lost instrument:

  • Cashier's Check
  • Common Stock Certificate
  • Preferred Stock Certificate
  • Check
  • Money Order
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Savings Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities

  • How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium or “cost” for a lost instrument bond depends on the amount of the bond needed and if it is a fixed or open penalty bond. SuretyGroup.com can provide you with a quote at no cost. We are here to help.

    Speak to Our Surety Bond Specialists First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication