Home  Connecticut Bonds   Connecticut Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Replace a Valuable Lost Document in Connecticut?

Close up of a stock certificate showing 100 shares

If you reside in Connecticut and have a lost, stolen or destroyed valuable document or instrument, then you need a Lost Instrument Bond. A lost instrument bond protects the original issuer from a financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate document or instrument.

There are two types of lost instrument bonds:

1.) Fixed Penalty Bonds For instruments or documents whose value never changes.
2.) Open Penalty Bonds For instruments or documents whose value can change over a period of time.

There are different types of lost instruments, with the most familiar being common and preferred stock certificates.

Other examples of lost instruments can be:

  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Money Orders
  • Warehouse Receipt
  • Check
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Cashier's Check
  • Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities

  • If you are unsure of what type of lost instrument bond you need, SuretyGroup.com can help. We will identify whether you need a fixed or open penalty bond and ensure that you get the bond you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium (cost of the bond that you pay) will vary depending on the amount of the bond coverage needed and whether it is an open penalty or a fixed penalty bond that is needed. SuretyGroup.com offers free, no obligation quotes.

    Contact Us First

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline        DownloadApplication