Home  California Bonds  California Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Get a Lost Instrument Bond in California?

Close up of a Stock Certificate, a common Lost Instrument

A Lost Instrument Bond is needed to replace lost, destroyed or stolen financial document or instrument. The bond amount varies depending on the value of document, whether it is an open or fixed penalty bond.

Common Lost Instrument Bond Types:

Fixed Penalty Bonds are used when the value of the instrument remains the same over time and never changes.
Open Penalty Bonds are for an instrument that’s value changes throughout its lifetime.

The most common types of lost instruments are cashier's checks, checks, money order, common and preferred stock certificates.

Examples of lost instruments are:

  • Waiver of Probate
  • Stock Book
  • Certified Checks
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Bankbook
  • Other Securities and Financial Instruments

  • Regardless of what type of destroyed, stolen or lost financial instrument you have, SuretyGroup.com can help you through the Lost Instrument process and provide you with the assistance that you need.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The premium that you pay for a lost instrument bond will vary and depend on the value of the document and the type of bond needed (open or fixed penalty). SuretyGroup.com provides free, no-obligation quotes for your bond needs.

    Contact Us Today

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline         DownloadApplication