Home  Alaska Bonds  Alaska Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond

Alaska Motor Vehicle Dealer Surety Bond

A happy customer smiles while testing a car at an Alaska motor vehicle dealer

Apply Online

Or call 844-432-6637

Alaska requires motor vehicle Dealers (also known as a dealership, car dealer or auto dealer), Buyer's Agents, and Motorcycle Dealers to obtain a certicate of registration (license) to operate a business.

Surety Bond and License Requirements:

Applicants can obtain the application packet for registration from the Alaska Department of Motor Vehicles, 1300 W. Benson Blvd. Ste 300, Anchorage, Ak 99503. The application must be notarized prior to delivery to the state.

Dealerships must be display the Certificate of Registration at the business

Business transaction docments such as contracts, purchase agreements,and advertising records must be maintained.

In addition to the application, applicants must also obtain a surety bond in the following amounts:

Dealerships or Buyer's Agent $100,000 surety bond

Motorcycle Dealerships (that only sell motorcycles) $25,000 surety bond

Boat Dealers are not required to obtain a surety bond.

A Certificate of Registration and the surety bond must be renewed every two (2) years.

How Much Will an Alaska Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond Cost?

The premium amount you pay for an Alaska Dealer & Buyer Agent Surety Bond is dependent on credit, the bond amount needed and length of time in the motor vehicle industry. Our rates start at 1% of the bond armount with good credit. Our Surety Bond Specialists can give you a free, no-obligation quote for the type of bond needed for your business.

Did You Know?

Your certificate of registration must be displayed at your business location.

Related Links:

Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles
Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles: Motor Vehicle Dealer and Fleet Information

More Surety Bond Questions?

Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.


For a downloadable application