Home  Alaska Bonds   Alaska Lost Instrument Bond

How Do I Replace a Valuable Lost Document?

A woman searches her purse for a lost document

A Lost Instrument Surety Bond is required in Alaska if you own a valuable document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed. The bond protects the original issuer from any financial loss as a result of issuing a duplicate and replaces the document.

  • Fixed Penalty Bonds are for items whose value remains the same over time.

  • Open Penalty Bonds are for items whose market value fluctuates.

  • The most common types of lost instruments are common and preferred stock certificates, money orders, checks and cashier's checks.

    Other examples of lost instruments are:

  • Membership Certificate
  • Check or Cashier's Check
  • Money Order
  • Warehouse Receipt
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Certificate of Deposit
  • Bankbook
  • Other Financial Instruments and Securities

  • If you live in Alaska and need a Surety Bond to replace one of these important documents, contact SuretyGroup.com.

    How Much Will This Bond Cost?

    The cost which is the premium that you pay will depend on whether the surety bond is a fixed penalty or an open penalty, and the value of the document. Our Surety Bond Specialists can provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.

    Contact SuretyGroup.com

    Phone: 1‑844‑432‑6637
    Fax:     404-351-3237
    Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday

    ApplyOnline         DownloadApplication