The Alabama State Board of Auctioneers requires that all Auctioneers, Apprentice Auctioneers, Reciprocal Auctioneers and Non-Resident Auctioneers obtain a Alabama Auctioneer Surety Bond.
This bond ensures that auctioneers will comply with the Alabama's rules and regulations. Licensees must provide a new bond before an old one expires in order to prevent a lapse in licensure.
Requirements for Alabama Auctioneer license applicants include:
* must be at least 19 years old
* must be a US citizen
* complete a course of study at an accredited auctioneer school
* pay an examination fee
* Obtain a $10,000 surety bond
* must have served as an apprentice auctioneer for one year
* must have been principal auctioneer in at least five auctions
* be recommended by an employing auctioneer
The premium that you pay for a Alabama Auctioneer Bond is dependent on credit.
Non-residents of Alabama may apply for licensing by reciprocity.
Let our Surety Bond Specialists assist you with the bond you need.
Hours: 8:00-5:00 CST, Monday through Friday