Home Ohio Bonds Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certificate of Registration Bond
Ohio Mortgage Loan Act – Certificate of Registration Bond
If you are in the business of making residential loans either through servicing, selling, or buying, then under the Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certificate of Registration you are required to obtain an Ohio Mortgage Act Surety Declaration of Surety Bond as a condition of licensure.
Applicants applying for licensure must complete an application through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Surety Bond and License Requirements:
- Payment of NMLS processing fee, credit report fee and the criminal background check fee.
- Applicants must agree to a criminal background check.
- Obtain a surety bond with a minimum bond amount of $50,000 up to a maximum of $150,000 based on the residential mortgages originated total loan amount. Each additional branch location requires a $10,000 bond.
- Provide any Disclosure Explanations, if applicable.
- Provide a copy of recent (less than 90 days) financial statements which include a Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows, Income Statement, and any notes. If the applicant is a new business, provide a Statement of Condition.
- Provide examples of documents that will be used for business transactions, such as promissory notes, truth in lending statements, each type of interest calculation, and if the company will be servicing loans, a sample ledger record with payment history.
- Email the Ohio Attestation form to firstname.lastname@example.org and on the subject line note: OMBA Ohio Attestation.
How Much Will This Bond Cost?
The premium for an Ohio Mortgage Loan Act Certification of Registration Bond is based on credit and the bond amount required. Bond amounts over $50,000 will require business and personal financials for underwriting.
More Surety Bond Questions?
Check out our FAQ page or What’s a Surety Bond? page. Should you need or choose to buy a surety bond, buy from us. SuretyGroup.com has been underwriting surety bonds throughout the U.S. for more than 35 years. When you work with us, you enjoy the unique benefit of dealing with a team of highly experienced surety agents with in-house underwriting authority. This allows you to receive competitive, low rates, quick approvals, and immediate bond delivery. In most cases, your bond will be delivered within 24 hours after you apply for it.
For a downloadable application