Need to replace your vehicle’s title? Start here.

A woman searches through her purse for a lost document.
SuretyGroup.comwrites surety bonds to help replace lost documents.

Are you are trying to sell your vehicle or use it as collateral on a loan, but your original title is missing in action? How do you get a replacement title? Has someone told you to get a title bond?

It can be confusing to know where to start. The good news is, you’ve found the right place.

You can’t register or legally sell your vehicle or mobile home without a clean title. And if you can’t put your hands on that title, you’ll need what’s called a “duplicate” or “re-issued” title. Since each state has different requirements, start with your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Be prepared that you may be asked for items such as:

  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of insurance
  • Any lienholder information
  • An odometer disclosure
  • VIN number verification

The DMV will then determine the value of the vehicle or the surety bond amount needed for the vehicle to be re-titled. Why would you need a surety bond? Many states require a surety bond to prove ownership in order to register the vehicle. And here’s where we come in. is quite familiar with all state requirements, forms and varying bond amounts. You would simply need to go to our website and apply for a Lost Title Bond, or give us a call at 1‑844‑432‑6637. Your bond should be issued within 24 hours. Any questions? We’re here to help. – Your Online Bond Provider.

Great Rates. Solid Advice. Quick Solutions.



  1. Luke Smith says

    My dad has an old car that he wants to fix up, and he can not find the title. The list of things that he should have on hand when he talked to the DMV is very helpful. I think once my dad has the stuff like identity proof, insurance, VIN number, etc he should put all of that in a safe place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.