That means that Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealers in Georgia need to renew their licenses by December 31, 2017. Licenses expire every two years during odd-numbered years.
It is illegal to do business as a Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealer or Auto Dismantler in Georgia without registering and obtaining a license. This includes Georgia Used Parts Dealers, Rebuilders and Salvage Dealers.
When applying for an initial license the following must be provided:
- Original $10,000 surety bond in the exact name of the business and must be signed.
- Power of Attorney form
- Original Certificate of Insurance
- Photos of place of business
- NMVTIS Identification number
- Sales Tax Number
- Fingerprint Process – must register to have fingerprints taken for a criminal background check
- Check with local authorities to ensure that your place of business meets all local zoning and related laws.
A $10,000 surety bond must be submitted when renewing a license.
SuretyGroup.com writes all Georgia surety bonds, including Used Motor Vehicle Parts Dealer Bonds. Before you apply for your license or renew an existing license call our surety bond specialists for a free, no-obligation quote. We offer low rates and fast service to help you stay compliant with Georgia’s laws. Call us at 1‑844‑432‑6637, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online.
SuretyGroup.com – Your Online Bond Provider.
Great Rates. Solid Advice. Quick Solutions.